According to the Healthcare.gov site,
“Preventive care helps you stay healthy. A doctor isn’t someone to see only when you’re sick. Doctors also provide services that help keep you healthy.”
Even our new Obamacare site with all of its bugs and glitches at least understands the importance of prevention. So the question is: How will you make the most of your new Affordable Health care benefits? Several benefits are available for men, women, and children that you can take advantage of at little or no cost to you. Here is a list of 12 health care services that you may or may not know you have access to.
Men and Women
- Abdominal aortic aneurism screening (one-time) for men who have ever smoked.
- Alcohol Misuse screening and counselling
- Diet counselling
- Obesity screening and counselling
- Tobacco use screening and cessation interventions
6. Breastfeeding comprehensive support and counselling
a. Including access to breastfeeding supplies
7. Domestic and interpersonal violence screening and counselling
8. Height, weight, and Body Mass Index measurements
a. Can be done 5 times periodically until 18 years of age
9. Obesity screening and counselling
10. Oral Health Risk Assessment
a. Can be done 4 times periodically until 10 years of age
11. Vision Screening
The 12th hack may or may not be included in your states preventative services offered. Chiropractic services are now available to many throughout the nation who have never had the opportunity to take a proactive approach to their health and stop the pain before it sets in. For Californians this service is not covered by the Affordable Care Act. However, this San Clemente Chiropractor office is prepared to offer an affordable cash rate to those who now have access to health care. Message us at our Ask the Doctor page today to find out what kind of coverage is available for your health plan.